Monday, February 1, 2016

North Carolina - True State Preemption of Firearms Needed © 2016 by Phillip Evans

I just now emailed this to all of the members of the North Carolina General Assembly:

Dear North Carolina Lawmakers,

First, thank you all for your service to the great state of North Carolina! As a life-long born and bred Georgia resident, I love your beautiful state, and wish to visit more often, and desire to have my firearm carry rights not infringed by local politicians.

It has come to my attention that local governments may ban the carry of firearms in local public buildings such as libraries, museums, and civic centers among others, as well as ban the open carry of pistols on public streets.

To me, this is an infringement of our rights.

I urge you to exempt license holders from these local restrictions, so that they may legally carry in public places for their defense and the defense of others without fear of fines and jail.

States such as Alabama, Florida, and Georgia has such full preemption, and it has worked well for us - it's time North Carolina did as well.

Is there the will in the North Carolina General Assembly to get it done this year? After all, most of you have publicly committed to supporting the Second Amendment.

I would hope that the fear of political correctness, or the fear of gun-banning Democrats does not dissuade you from doing what is right.

Let me go out on a limb here and assume you do indeed want to do the right thing. If I can help in any way, please let me know, and I will be glad to offer to do what I can.

I am a published self-defense rights writer and am active on the Internet. I can help get the word out on any pro-gun carry bill you propose that will fix state preemption.

Please let me know what you propose to do in 2016 to finally close the door on local infringement of carry rights in North Carolina.

Thank you, and God bless you all,

Phil

Phillip Evans
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry
Member BamaCarry
Member Florida Carry
Member Grass Roots North Carolina
http://PursuitOfPatriotism.Blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment