I'm starting to write this article at 10:52pm on election night. However, I've stated back in August at http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?t=270530 that Trump would win.
Photo by Gage Skidmore
There are a variety of reasons he will win tonight:
1. Trump better sold himself to the American people. He actually made a point to mention the names of states where working people are hurting, and he did it more than once in the debates. He knows salesmanship.
I'm not being cynical in the least. I believe he really cares for hurting people, and he connected with them skillfully.
2. Trump deftly channeled the anger the American people have against Washington.
3. Trump was not afraid to be politically incorrect. People are tired of being told they are offensive for what they say or think about various issues that concern them.
4. Trump has had ups and downs in business, but overall has come out on top. People want someone in the Oval Office that can make better trade deals and stimulate the creation of good paying jobs.
5. Trump favors using our natural resources of coal, natural gas, and oil to better our economy. His message basically was Palin's "Drill, baby, drill!", without using those exact words.
6. Trump has promised to shake up the status quo. People want to see real change, and a lot of it, not just a little.
7. Trump promised "No more gun-free zones", and U.S. Supreme Court Justices that will truly honor our Second Amendment Rights. No reasonable person wants to be helpless to defend themselves against murderous criminals.
8. Trump promised to secure our borders. Intelligent people knew he never stated that all illegal immigrants were criminals, but that some are. We want to keep them out, and a secure wall will go a long way towards that goal.
9. Many minorities who publicly stated their support for Hillary had a change of heart in the voting booth, because they want better jobs and less crime.
10. Trump moved from the darkside to the lightside by embracing the pro-life position.
There are a variety of reasons Hillary will lose tonight:
1. People don't trust her. She is a proven liar.
2. She cost American lives with her incompetence in Benghazi.
3. She careless allowed government secrets to get into foreign hands by using a private email server without proper protections to send and receive classified emails.
4. Her obvious and raw ambition showed she was only concerned about getting the power of the top office in U.S. Government, and was willing to say anything to get it.
5. She essentially embraced Obama and his policies, with only a promise to "tweak" here and there. Poetic justice considering she personally hates Obama.
6. She is the elitist, status quo candidate who had no real solutions.
7. Her arrogance in calling half the country "deplorables" was palpable.
8. Her lip service to the Second Amendment while supporting all sorts of firearms bans, even supporting Australian style confiscation was not acceptable to the American people.
9. She dragged the names of Bill Clinton's sexual assault victims through the mud for her political gain.
10. Her wholehearted support of partial birth abortion, even up to the moment of birth was deplorable to many women.
Okay, it's now 11:36pm, and the NY Times Poll is predicting 95% chance win for Trump.
By the way, I voted for Trump here in Georgia. I'm proud to be called deplorable by Hillary Clinton.